Monday, March 29, 2010

A note

about returning from Haiti (this'll be fairly short). I hope this post is mostly coherent. At this level of exhaustion I tend to ramble and lose the filters in my head. Because we missed our connecting flight and arrived on Wednesday, instead of Tuesday, last week didn't really seem like it counted to me. However, now that the weekend is over, I'm feeling like it's time to get back to the old grind. But it's not the old grind. In fact, doing so would be a huge insult to Haiti and the wonderful Haitian people I met there. The task now is to incorporate what I learned there, about the world and myself, into my daily lifestyle and use that to grow and become a better person. A lot has happened in the past 14 days. Dominican Republic, border, Haiti, working, people, destruction, chaos, desperation, resilience, hope, strength, border, Dominican Republic, resort, speedos, Philadelphia, customs, missed, Charlotte, early, Phoenix, In 'N Out, and back to Tucson to the most incredible welcome home beyond anything I could've ever imagined.

But, like I said, this past week, up until now, hasn't really gotten me back into the old routine. But I will this week. No, that's not true. I can't. I must adapt. I hope I can. I need to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow will be a new day. I will be new tomorrow. I will be better tomorrow.

There is always room to grow.

I hold hands with this one girl now.

No comments:

Post a Comment