Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have

decided that making all the titles flow together into a sentence is too much work. If it happens, sweet. If not, I won't be too heartbroken about it.

Seeing as how I will be unable to do so for a week and a half, I felt somewhat of an obligation to post something before I left.

I'm very unsure as to what I should expect in Haiti. I'm both excited and anxious. Excited at the opportunity to actually help an area in desperate need and feel like I'm making a difference in the world, however small. Anxious about what I will see or experience and what effect that will have on me. Anxious that I won't be as useful as I would like. Curious as to who I'll be when I get back.

Farewell, Jarrod Stewart. I'll see you again, I'm sure. We'll stay in touch.

To everyone remaining in Tucson, I will miss you sorely. To those going to San Francisco, good luck and safe travels.

I have this strange feeling of finality as I leave. Like I'm going to be gone for good. Obviously I'm coming back. So why the conclusiveness? I am unsure. But I am slightly uneasy because of it.

Everything will be fine. Everyone will come back. We will work well and grow stronger in our relationships with each other. We will be safe.

I'm sure of it. I know it.

I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment