Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I hate

coming up with title names. So I'm incorporating my titles into the first sentence. Tonight I thought about why I don't sleep. Ordinarily I'd say because it's a waste of time. At least 1/3 of your life is wasted on "recharging." I could be doing much more productive things. Problem is, I don't (as indicated by my blog creating/writing). However, rather than use the old argument, I came up with this.

I don't want to sleep because when I wake up it will be tomorrow. I don't want tomorrow to come because we'll lose this moment. I don't want to lose this moment because I'm with you. So let's just stay awake together and delay the dawn.

Now, if I had a girlfriend to say this to, wooage of insurmountable levels would ensue. Maybe. But I don't. So really, only the first sentence applies. I've also decided that Delay the Dawn would make an awesome band name. Or song title. Or Album title. Actually, I really like the phrase delay the dawn.....upon researching this, I have found that Delay the Dawn is neither a band, album, or even song. I think I've found the proverbial pot of gold here, Alice.

Aside from why I don't sleep, I've thought about this week as well. Two tests, a midterm, concert Friday night. I won't be sharing in much of Sleep's company this week. Which I think I'm okay with. We'll see how it goes. When it gets late and I get drowsy, the number of filters in my head deciding what's worth saying/a good idea to say exponentially decreases as t->Sunrise. I say a lot of things. So in order to prevent that from happening in this blog, I shall end it here. Good night, everyone. Let's get lunch sometime.

2 comments:

  1. David ^^
    I had no idea you had a blog. But now i'm definitely following.
    It reminds me a lot of the emails you used to send me when you couldn't sleep and I had problems with my life haha.
    It helps me miss you less.
    Delay the Dawn sounds great. You need to invest in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Blog just started. =) Mary, I miss you. You need to come visit. Where the eff has my dongseng gone that I haven't seen/heard from her in months?! Those e-mails were great. I rambled so much...we should talk sometime.

    ReplyDelete