Friday, September 10, 2010

My last

post was April 24th. Four months and some amount of days ago (I want to say 16, but don't know if I account for the months that have 31 days) (I think you only account for that if, when you start counting days, any months involved have 31 days) (I digress). Today is the last day of the third week of school. How are things going thus far?

Well, I've kept up with all my homework and been to all my classes. So already, things have massively improved academically since last year. I've submitted the first part of my application with Missions Door and plan on beginning support raising within the next few weeks. I have a fairly jam-packed schedule due to school, being on staff with Damascus Road, and working the two days a week I am able to. Familial relations have kind of taken a back seat, I'm a little sad to say. But I hope they understand. We have a new manager at Big 5 who is pretty intense but seems like she will actually get people to do their work, which will be a pleasant change. Oh, and I plan on getting married within the next year.

I've done a lot of thinking the past few weeks and I hope to find time to write about about these things. I even have a note on my phone dedicated to topics I want to address. There is rarely any downtime, though. This isn't a complaint, however. I enjoy the busy-ness (business? busyness? Google Chrome says the latter-most is correct) and keeping occupied. Do I wish I had more time in the day? Sometimes. But I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing about my life right now. There are very few, if any, days where I say to myself, "You know, I wish I had done more. I wish today could've been a better day."

Why the sudden changed outlook on life? Well, although I don't have a lot of my future figured out, I feel very confident of being in the right place right now. I feel where I'm at and what I'm doing are the places/things God wants me to be/do. A recent search has shown to me that I haven't mentioned God in any posts. Perhaps that is the reason for the contentment, the stillness, the peace. God. A quick review of my posts indicates to me that this post is radically different from the others. No philosophy. No late night thoughts. Just saying how fulfilled I feel with the work I am doing with the people I am with.

This post is an anomaly, but one filled with pride. Not an exclusionary pride. I don't want to keep this to myself. I wish everyone felt this way. I wish everyone could feel what they were doing was worthwhile and what they were supposed to be doing. I know that after college this feeling may be hard to come by, seeing as how I'll actually have to decide what it is I think God has planned for me. But with the people I love here with me, I'm confident things will work out.

I suppose the danger with my current state is to become stagnant (which I addressed in an earlier post). Don't become complacent, David. Always strive for growth. Always strive for more. Get smarter. Grow more. Become better.

I love all of you.

More posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment